Welcome to the website of LECHU (ABN 36621819118) (“we”, “us” or the “Proprietor”), online retailer.
This website is located on the web via the domain Lechu.com.au and includes all of the files located in that domain (“this site”).
Legal capacity to transact
If you are under 18 years of age, you cannot place orders through this site. By using this site, you represent and warrant to the Proprietor that you are over the age of 18 years. Should the Proprietor suffer any damage or other losses as a result of a transaction entered into by a minor, we reserve the right to seek compensation for such losses from his/her parents or guardians.
Restrictions on use
Your use of this site is subject to the rules set out in Schedule 1 below.
Without limiting any other remedies available to the Proprietor at law or in equity, the Proprietor reserves the right to temporarily or indefinitely suspend, or terminate your access to this site or refuse to provide products to you without notice if:
- Proprietor is unable to verify or authenticate any information that you provide to us;
- Proprietor believes that your actions may cause damage and/or legal liability to the Proprietor, any of its customers or suppliers or any other person;
You indemnify and hold harmless the Proprietor and its employees, agents, consultants, licensors, partners and affiliates from and against any losses, liabilities, costs, expenses or damages (including actual, special, indirect and consequential losses or damages of every kind and nature, including all legal fees on a solicitor-client basis) suffered or incurred by any of them due to, arising out of, or in any way related to (directly or indirectly):
Any material or information that you submit, post, transmit or otherwise make available through this site;
Your use of, or connection to this site;
We will not commence processing any order made through this site unless and until:
payment for the order has been received by us in full; and
the order has passed our internal validation procedures, which are undertaken in order to verify the bona fides of each order for the purpose of preventing credit card and other fraud.
We reserve the right at our discretion to:
at any time:
- Refuse to provide products to you;
- Terminate your access to this site;
- Remove or edit any content on this site.
Acceptance of orders
Acceptance of each order will take place if and when the Proprietor ships the requested items to you, at the time at which the items are despatched by the Proprietor. Title to, and risk in, the items will pass from the Proprietor to you at that time. After the items have been sent, we will send you an email confirming that shipment has taken place.
Your tax invoice will be sent to you when the items you have ordered are delivered. Your tax invoice is your proof of purchase and may be required for any warranty claims.
We do our best to keep in stock most products that are advertised by us. All stock availability as represented on our website or by our sales or Customer Service Team is accurate in accordance with our current stock levels with each manufacturer, however, these stock levels are subject to change without notice.
If, for any reason, we cannot supply a product you have ordered, we will let you know over the phone or contact you using the details provided by you at the checkout process to amend, cancel or put your order on backorder as agreed with you. If you choose to put your order on backorder, we will contact you to arrange for delivery once the product is available.
The Proprietor reserves the right to change the prices for products displayed in this site at any time before you place an order.
Shipping costs will depend upon the location for delivery and the items purchased and are shown separately during checkout.
- Delivery by one of our drivers – our driver may need to see a photo ID of the person who placed the order or that person’s representative, and they may keep a record of that ID. If neither you nor your authorised representative is at the delivery address to take delivery, our driver will leave a notice in your letterbox or under your front door, advising you of our contact details so that you can contact us to organise another delivery day;
- Delivery by our contracted courier company or directly by the manufacturer – if neither you nor your authorised representative is at the delivery address to take delivery, the courier company or the manufacturer will leave a card with our contact details so that you can contact us to arrange another delivery time and date; and
- Delivery by Australian Post – if neither you nor your authorised representative is at the delivery address to take delivery, an “Article Awaiting” card will be left at the delivery address and your order will be taken to the Australian Post Office suitable to store the product until you are able to go and pick it up. In these circumstances, our obligation to deliver the product to you is satisfied when the “Article Awaiting” card is left at the delivery address.
Title and Risk
Notwithstanding delivery of the products to you, title in the products will not pass to you until the later of delivery or your payment has been processed or otherwise received by us. If your payment is declined for any reason we reserve the right to reclaim the products from your possession, custody or control even if they have been delivered to you or moved from the delivery address. We reserve the right to keep or sell the products. Risk of loss, damage or deterioration to any products will pass to you on delivery.
You acknowledge and agree that clause 8.1 creates a purchase money security interest in the products which we are entitled to register as such under the Personal Properties Securities Act 2009 (Cth) (“PPSA”). To the extent permitted under the PPSA, we each agree to contract out of the provisions listed in section 115 of the PPSA. You waive your right to be provided with verification statements under section 157 of the PPSA. We agree that neither of us will disclose to any third person information referred to in section 275(1) of the PPSA and that this is a confidentiality agreement for the purposes of section 275(6) of the PPSA.
We offer installation services for some appliances for a fee. This service is only available in certain areas and you must book this service at the time you purchase your appliances. All installations will take place, where possible, at the time of delivery by a trained, fully insured installer. The types of installation services offered by us are set out in the Installation Service page and will be subject to our standard Installation Terms and Conditions.
We may provide additional installation services (including any required cabinetry, electrical and plumbing work) directly or by one of our related entities or subcontractors. The installation services and the price will be agreed between you and us in writing, and will be subject to our standard Installation Terms and Conditions.
All products sold in this store come with comprehensive warranties provided by the manufacturers.
If the manufacturer’s warranty is a replacement warranty, then your product will be replaced.
If the manufacturer’s warranty is a repair warranty, then your product must be repaired by the authorised warranty service dealer.
Proof of purchase MUST be presented to receive warranty service or replacement.
Unless otherwise expressly stated, all amounts payable through your use of this site are expressed to be inclusive of GST. For these purposes, the term “GST” has the meaning given to it in the A New Tax System (Goods and Services Tax) Act 1999 (Cth).
Payment for orders placed through this site may be made:
- By credit card processed online using the secure PayPal payment gateway;
- Using the secure Royal Pay account;
- Using a PayPal account;
- Via direct bank deposit by electronic funds transfer (EFT).
- PayPal secure payment gateway
The Proprietor uses the third-party PayPal payment gateway provided by PayPal Australia Pty Limited (ABN 93 111 195 389) for its secure online payment transactions.
For more information about PayPal, see the PayPal website.
Unless you expressly consent otherwise, we do not see or have access to any personal information that you may provide to PayPal, other than information that is required in order to process your order and deliver your purchased items to you (eg, your name, email address and billing/postal address).
Credit and debit card payments
It is not necessary to have a PayPal account in order to make a purchase on this site. PayPal accepts all major credit and debit cards.
Please note that we may be unable to accept credit cards issued by banks outside of Australia in some cases. The Proprietor does not charge additional transaction fees for paying by credit card.
Payment by EFT
If you elect to pay for an order by direct deposit using EFT, after your order has been submitted, we will send you an email containing instructions for making the payment, or otherwise provide such information to you, including our bank account details and the reference number for your order.
Please quote the reference number for the EFT transaction in order to avoid delays in processing your order.
Refunds and other remedies
If you would like to redeem a gift voucher for payment or partial payment of your ordered products, you must enter the gift voucher details during the checkout process or inform our sales or Customer Service Team when placing your phone order. Products purchased with a gift voucher cannot be returned in exchange for cash.
If you have a promotional/discount/coupon code, you will be prompted to enter the code at the checkout and this will generate a discount from your cart value or add an incentive.
To activate, simply enter a valid code then click the “Apply” button. All promotional codes have a unique set of terms and conditions automatically applied when issued and are only valid at our discretion. Promotional codes cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or discount. If you are unable to use a promotional code, please contact our Customer Service Team.
While PayPal and our website hosting providers employ secure technology for transactions with our customers, we will not be responsible for any damages, including consequential losses (whether direct or indirect), that may be suffered by a customer whose credit or debit card or bank account information is used in a fraudulent or unauthorized manner by any person other than the Proprietor.
The Proprietor may request further information from you, such as a copy of your credit card and/or other identification documentation, as part of our internal validation procedures. These procedures help protect bank and credit card account holders from online fraud. Until your order has passed our internal fraud prevention checks, your order will remain on pending status. If further information is requested and you do not provide the requested information within such time as the Proprietor considers appropriate at its discretion, your order will be cancelled and, if your payment has been received, it will be refunded back to you.
- All of its content (including all of the text, graphics, designs, software, data, sound and video files and other information contained in this site, and the selection and arrangement thereof);
- All software, systems and other information owned or used by the Proprietor in connection with the products offered through this site (whether hosted on the same server as this site or otherwise).
- All Proprietary Content is the property of the Proprietor or its licensors (as applicable) and is protected by Australian and international copyright laws.
You must not reproduce, transmit, republish or prepare derivative works from any of the Proprietary Content, except as expressly authorised by these Usage Terms or with the prior written consent of the Proprietor or other copyright owner (as applicable).
You may download and print out content from this site only for your own personal and non- commercial use and provided that you do not remove or modify any copyright, trademark or other proprietary notices.
The look and feel of this site (including all button icons, scripts, custom graphics and headers) are the trademarks, service marks and/or trade dress of the Proprietor. These trademarks, service marks and trade dress may not be used, copied or imitated, in whole or in part, without the prior written consent of the Proprietor.
This site contains some features that enable you and other users to upload User Content. The Proprietor reserves the right to display, refuse to display, remove and/or amend all or any part of any User Content at its absolute discretion.
In respect of any User Content that you upload, you represent and warranty to the Proprietor that your sharing of that User Content does not infringe any copyright or other legal right of any other person; and grant to the Proprietor a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, sub-licensable and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, modify, adapt, prepare derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform and otherwise exploit all or any part of that User Content in any way at the Proprietor’s absolute discretion.
If you believe that our site contains any material that infringes upon any copyright that you hold or control, or that users are directed through a link on this site to a third-party website that you believe is infringing upon any copyright that you hold or control, you may send a notification of such alleged infringement to us in writing. Such notification should identify the works that are allegedly being infringed upon and the allegedly infringing material and give particulars of the alleged infringement.
In response to such a notification, we will give a written notice of a claim of copyright infringement to the provider of the allegedly infringing material. If the provider of that material does not respond to us in writing denying the alleged infringement within 14 days after receipt of that notice, we will remove or block the allegedly infringing material as soon as is reasonably practicable.
If the provider of that material responds to us in writing denying the alleged infringement, we will, as soon as is reasonably practicable, send a copy of that response to the original notifying party.
If the original notifying party does not, within a further 14 days, file an action seeking a court order against the provider of the allegedly infringing material, we may restore any removed or blocked material at our discretion. If the original notifying party files such a legal action, we will remove or block the allegedly infringing material pending resolution of that legal action.
Disclaimer of warranties
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE PROPRIETOR AND ITS EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, CONSULTANTS, LICENSORS, PARTNERS AND AFFILIATES EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL CONDITIONS, REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES (WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE) IN RELATION TO THIS SITE AND ANY PRODUCTS PURCHASED OR OBTAINED THROUGH THIS SITE, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY/GUARANTEE OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
This site is provided strictly on an “as is” basis. To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Proprietor and its employees, agents, consultants, licensors, partners and affiliates make no representation, warranty or guarantee as to the reliability, timeliness, quality, suitability, truth, availability, accuracy or completeness of this site or any of its content, and in particular do not represent, warrant or guarantee that:
- the use of this site will be secure, timely, uninterrupted or error-free or operate in combination with any other hardware, software, system or data;
- this site will meet your requirements or expectations;
- anything on this site, or on any third-party website referred or linked to in this site, is reliable, accurate, complete or up-to-date;
- the quality of any products, information or other material purchased or obtained through this site will meet any particular requirements or expectations;
- errors or defects will be corrected; or
- this site or the servers that make it available are free of viruses or other harmful components.
Limitation of liability
Exclusion of liability
To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Proprietor and its employees, agents, consultants, licensors, partners and affiliates expressly limit their liability for breach of any non-excludable condition or warranty/guarantee implied by virtue of any legislation to the following remedies (the choice of which is to be at the Proprietor’s sole discretion):
in the case of goods, to any of the following:-the replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods;
- the repair of the goods;
- the payment of the cost of replacing the goods or of acquiring equivalent goods; or
- the payment of the cost of having the goods repaired; and in the case of services:
- the supply of the services again; or
- the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
- the singular includes the plural and vice-versa;
- a reference to a “person” includes an individual, a firm, a corporation, a body corporate, a partnership, an unincorporated body, an association, a government body or any other entity; and
the meaning of general words is not limited by specific examples introduced by “including”, “for example”, “in particular” or similar expressions.
Governing law and jurisdiction
Schedule 1 – Prohibited conduct
YOU MUST NOT:
- Use any device, routine or software that interferes, or attempt to interfere, with the proper working of this site;
- Engage in any action that requires, or may require, an unreasonable or excessively large load on our infrastructure;
- Use this site to decipher passwords or security encryption codes, transmit any worms, viruses or Trojan horses, transfer or store illegal, threatening or obscene material or otherwise violate the security of any computer network;
- Use this site to violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, to engage in any misleading or deceptive online marketing practices or for any fraudulent or malicious purposes;
- Use any spider, robot or search/retrieval application or any screen scraping, data mining or similar data gathering device, process, program or means to access, retrieve or index any portion of this site;
Use this site by any automated means;
Use this site to transmit junk mail, spam or chain letters or pyramid schemes or engage in other flooding techniques or mass distribution of unsolicited email;
Access, retrieve or index any portion of this site for use in constructing or populating any database that is searchable online or for the purpose of soliciting or sharing reviews;
Interfere with the display of any advertisements appearing on or in connection with this site;
Reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, adapt, modify, translate, frame or reformat any of the material contained on this site;
Reproduce, duplicate, copy or store any of the material appearing on this site other than for your own personal and non-commercial use;
Falsely imply that any other website is associated with this site;
Do anything that leads, or may lead, to a decrease in the value of the Proprietor’s intellectual property rights in this site;
Use or exploit any of the material appearing on this site for, or in connection with, any business or enterprise (whether for profit or otherwise), including any business or enterprise that is in competition with this site;
Release to the public any news release, advertising material, promotional material or any other form of publicity or information relating to the Proprietor without the Proprietor’s prior written consent; or
Use this site to transmit any information or material that is, or may reasonably be considered to be:
- abusive, threatening, harassing, harmful, obscene, indecent, lewd, inflammatory, violent, vulgar, profane, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable or offensive in any way;
- libelous, defamatory, pornographic, sexually explicit, unlawful or plagiarized;
- infringing upon or violating any copyright, trademark, patent or other intellectual property or proprietary right;
- in breach of any duty of confidentiality by which you are bound, whether by way of a fiduciary or contractual relationship;
- in breach of any person’s privacy or publicity rights;
- a misrepresentation of facts, including the impersonation of any person or entity or a misrepresentation of an affiliation with any person or entity (including any sponsorship or endorsement);
- in violation of any applicable law, statute, ordinance or regulation, or encouraging of others to do so;
- containing any political campaigning material, advertisements or solicitations; or
- likely to bring the Proprietor or any of its staff into disrepute.